Tuesday, January 18, 2011

I think it would be fun to run a newspaper!

     A few weeks ago one of my oldest friends began blogging for The New York Times as a "scientist at work."  What she's written so far has been engaging for scientists and lay people alike.  While reading her blogs, it occurred to me that doing the same kind of thing from inside the film industry might entertain and inform movie buffs and filmmakers in a similar fashion.

     Here, I'll be sharing reflections on work experiences, screenings, colleagues' milestones, motion picture news and so on.  From time to time, I'll invite fellow filmmakers to contribute as well.  The earliest posts you'll see were composed over the past couple of weeks; from here on, journal entries appear as soon as they're written.

     A common theme will be how much those of use who make movies love watching them -- especially the great ones.  Hence, the title of this piece, "I think it would be fun to run a newspaper!"  That's what Charles Foster Kane tells his former conservator, Mr. Thatcher, when deciding how to invest his fortune.  Indeed, I think it will be fun to keep an online diary.

No comments:

Post a Comment